Creating Custom Rubber Compounds that Blend With Your Applications!
PPD’s rubber compounds division specializes in formulation creation, developing innovative value-added products that exceed industry requirements.
Achieving high quality in rubber compounding stems from a integral formula: solid, long-term R&D combined with a stellar track record in providing our clients with consistent, first-time quality products.
As a one-stop shop, we are industry-certified experts in creating:
- Mixes of polymers
- Reinforcing fillers
- Process oils/aids
- Vulcanizing agents
To suit your processes and applications, each rubber formulation we develop is tailored for:
- Superior mechanical and chemical properties
- Ease of process
Processes and capabilities used for compression, extrusion, and injection applications:
- Internal Intensive Mixer
Rubber process features:
- Excellent batch to batch consistency for easy processing with minimal variation and optimal product output
- This consistency means highly stable R&R (Repeatability and Reproducibility) for durable compounds with superior aging properties and extended service life.
When it comes to formulation development and tweaking, our polymer specialist are tireless artisans who love to tackle the challenge of any new process or product.
PPD serves a world class clientele characterized by stringent lean manufacturing and efficiency models, and long-lasting business alliances forged through a highly customer focused approach.
Several industries use our products for general purposes, i.e. injection, extrusion and compression technologies:
- Tier 1 Automotive
- Pulp and Paper
- and more
We also cater to niche markets that require quality critical applications, e.g.:
- Power transmission belting and weather-stripping for the automotive sector
- Gaskets and seals for the industrial and commercial sectors
- High quality, optimally dispersed, fiber-loaded compounds, shipped in several forms
- Sponge and dense formulations designed for the extrusion lines of tier 1 automotive suppliers
- FKM (Viton), xNBR, hNBR
- Value-added rubber compounds
Custom rubber compounds and mixes made from materials such as polymers, polymer blends originating from the following elastomer families:
- NR/IR, EPDM, SBR, BR, IIR, CIIR, CR, CSM, NBR, xNBR, hNBR, FKM (Viton) and more.
- Strips for extrusion and injection
- Contiuous or Cut Slab form
- Calendered rubber sheeting
- Strained/screened rubber*
*For high purity, critical applications
Quality control and testing
- Rigorous QA and QC systems
- ASTM based tests like compression set, heat resistance, liquid resistance, ozone resistance and many other
- ISO 9001 certified
We are a client-centric organization with:
- Exceptionally consistent rubber mixes
- Quick turn-around times
- Decades of experience in rubber innovation, rubber/polymer mixing and downstream applications
- Extensive ASTM mechanical, chemical and destruction testing
- Thorough QA and QC testing with an online quality assurance verification software program and support equipment
- ISO 9001 certified
PPD helps its clients overcome the most complex product challenges.