Integral Skin – Highly Resistant with a Soft Feel!
Integral skin, also called “self-skinning foam’’ is a microcellular core with a tough, abrasion-resistant outer surface.
Integral skin foams come in a wide range of molded densities, and they are the perfect solution for a broad variety of applications that require a soft touch and feel, as well as a highly durable finish.
PPD’s customized solution
- Custom colors
- Multiple textures and finishes
- Over-molding on metal or plastic inserts
PPD processes materials that are compliant with flammability specifications like MVSS-302 and CAL-117.
- Office chair arm rests
- Protective paddings
- Exercise equipment seats
- Public transit handles
From initial design to finished product, PPD offers:
- A “one-stop shop” for all your seat projects
- Engineering assistance throughout every development phase
- Fully integrated manufacturing operation
- Elaborate quality systems
- Just-in-Time (including Just-in-Sequence)
We are proud suppliers of a number of industry leaders that have extremely high quality requirements, including:
- Powersports OEMs
- Railway & mass transit
- Industrial and agricultural machineries
- Health and fitness
- Commercial and home furnishing markets
Quality control and testing
- ISO 9001 certified
- QCPC (Quality control processes) PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA and Six Sigma
We also test products according to internationally recognized standards such as ASTM, for:
- IFD tests (Indentation Force Deflection foam compression test)
- Impact, wear and fatigue tests
- Custom and specialized tests
“Innovation in motion”
A strategic integrator and process-oriented organization with:
- Integrated and automated manufacturing operations
- Strict lean manufacturing operations
- High flexibility, quick turnaround times
- High volume production capacity
- In-house mold design and fabrication
PPD helps its clients overcome the most complex product challenges.